Monday, July 31, 2006

Final notes from the road



  • The best bumper sticker combo from the other day - on one side a bumpersticker with Che Guevera and the word "Revolutionary" underneath. On the other side...a bumper sticker that says "TOOL". Perfect combo.
  • Can we now remove the bumper stickers that refer to 2004? It is 2006 after all. Do ALL of you people work for Microsoft or something?
  • We visited Trek of Columbus today. The Trek concept stores are cool in that you can get a feel for the entire Trek/Nike line. However, I have to give a huge thumbs down to the women's wear. Dude, colors! Please! I did like their very cool WSD waterbottles though. My only complaint overall is that the Trek concept stores don't seem to leave any room for local personalization. I always love checking to see if there's a pair of team socks or state socks in stock. That didn't exist there. So the marketing was awesome and slick and well done, but the store just felt impersonal to me.
  • We passed a truck hauling an H2 that was white with pink polka dots. On the side it said "Victoria's Secret". "That's strange", I told Chris. "I think of those being manly, not delicate, romantic, and feminine." Chris said "Really? Because when I think of Victoria's Secret, I do think of Hummers".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home