Sunday, July 30, 2006

Further Notes from a trip

  • Is there any better name for a state park than Big Bone Lick?
  • Fred likes cats. A lot. He's pretty sure they taste just like chicken. This evening we were at some friends' house. They are very much cat people, but have been very, very sweet to Fred. All was well until I put Fredly in the house while we were in the garage admiring a Harley. I didn't want Fred getting into anything in the garage. When we came back in, my husband and I looked at each other..."Where's Fred?". Right on cue, we heard the sound of dog nails scrabbling on hardware floor in pursuit of a cat. I dashed up the steps to make sure the cat was free, dragged Fred down the steps, and it wasn't until I got him to where we were all standing that we all noticed the cat fur on his nose. Sigh. Pets & Children, right? Thank heavens these are very understanding friends, and it appears that no cats were actually hurt in the making of this story.
  • The aunt & uncle whose 50th anniversary we went to this weekend had a few kids. Who had a few kids. Who are now starting on a few kids. When they all got together at my aunt & uncle's place, there were 45 people in the house.
  • My anniversary uncle was telling stories today of chasing bank robbers one time for the state highway patrol (he was normally a dispatcher), and also about his tour of duty during WWII. Hard to believe that I know someone living who was in that war. He's a living breathing piece of history.
  • I got to hear my brother give a sermon for the first time today. Very, very cool. It took me a long time to adjust to his becoming a priest, but I think he'll do well. The only catch is production of the descendants now falls on Chris & I. EEKS.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 4, 2006 at 7:17 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

I thought I was well behaved for not shooting spitballs at him, yawning or fidgeting with my purse during his sermon. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home