Friday, July 21, 2006

Finally caught my breath

Wow, so I'm finally calm enough to talk about yesterday's tour stage. But first, this cyclingnews article is hysterical and Patrick O'Grady rocks

Actually what can I say about yesterday's stage that hasn't already been said. It was amazing, and my hands were actually shaking as I listened to the end of the stage on Eurosport. Watching the stage last night on tv, I was actually probably as excited for Floyd's wife Amber as I was for him. It sucks watching someone you love crash and burn (literally or figuratively), so I know that Floyd's bonk had to just be brutal for her. So yeah for her and for him!

And I loved that fired up salute at the end of the stage. After 7 years of Lance's machine like perfection, it was awesome to see some raw grit and emotion.

FINALLY some excitement this year at the Tour.

And I refuse to make any statements on Floyd winning this year. If I made bets on all of my pronouncements for this Tour, I'd be frickin broke. I'll be watching in the AM with bated breath though. C'moooooon Floyd!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home