Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Apathy

Ah the desultory days of summer. It's not terribly hot here, but I still find myself lying on the floor going "Why, God? Why? Why does there have to be a rest day in the Tour de France when all I want to do is watch people strenuously exercising while I stare blankly at the screen?"

We have a front porch which doesn't have steps out to the yard. This works well for us because it allows us to let Fred sit outside and watch the parade of humanity when we're not enthusiastic enough to actually walk him. Unfortunately he also takes a territorial stand on EVERY dog that walks past on our side of the street and certain dogs who he has taken offense to who appear on any side of the street. We're slowly working him into a few short barks and inside for a treat. But around 9:30, we close the door and Fred loses porch privileges. I don't want to keep neighbors awake. Unfortunately, of late, the neighbor across the street has started kicking a soccer ball against the curb. Bop...Bop....Bop.... Poor kid is bored, it's not like our neighborhood has a surfeit of places to play. Bop...Bop....Bop.... But he starts around 9:30, and plays all frickin' night. Bop...Bop....Bop.... Including hearing him at 2:30 in the morning. Bop...Bop....Bop.... Which is turning into Chinese water torture. Bop...Bop....Bop.... Chris had a run in with him the other night. Bop...Bop....Bop.... And has now taken to standing on the porch right about the time I'm trying to herd the dog in for the night. Bop...Bop....Bop.... I'm finally getting one of my guys to calm down and another is revving up. Bop...Bop....Bop....

No, really, I'm just not in the mood to deal with this. If anyone needs me, I'll be in Acupulco drinking Margaritas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home