Sunday, July 02, 2006

Reason 2,192,481 to love my mother

From a call I got this evening:

Hi sweetie, what's the name of the guy who got hurt in the Tour de France today?

Thor Hushovd?

Yeah, I was just thinking that he was trying to be like Chris?

Probably, but the good news is essentially he's got the world's deepest paper cut. He's probable to ride tomorrow though.

That's good - I wasn't sure precisely what happened to him

No, really, how many of YOUR moms are watching the tour every day? It wasn't something she ever did until Bill and I got hooked in the late 90s. Then she and Dad started following the tour also. They don't really follow the rest of the year, but Bill & I fill them in.

Got to talk to my brother on the phone today for the first time since he started working at the parish. He's thrilled, he just figured out they had cable and for the first time since he started the road to being a priest, he'll get to see all of the tour. He hadn't heard about Operation Puerto though, so I had a good time giving him the update....

Hey, I come from a long line of Tour junkies....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home