Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Steps

Finally spent Saturday morning in the bedroom. There was much pushing, pulling, swearing, moving, until I finally had to wrap it up and get the hair cut. At first getting everything positioned seemed to be an issue, but finally I was really pleased with the progress! I'm surprised the poor haircutter touched my hair given how sweaty I was, it was a tough morning, but things really came together.

You're welcome, Bill.

So the good news is two large "dish barrel" boxes out the door, and two smaller boxes that I cleaned up last week, and suddenly there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Now the real key is whether I can manage to find places for things like suitcases, and a few boxes that I know SHOULD be thrown away, but somehow I just can't bring myself to do. I take an outrageous amount of photos, so those need to be sorted and ruthlessly pruned. It's sort of funny in sorting through this stuff what I find I can be totally unsentimental about, and what I just can't let go.

Proud moment of the weekend: Finding those old albums from when I was 12 or 13:
Soundtrack to Grease (My husband is just thrilled that we don't actually own a record player)
Soundtrack to Xanadu (as one co-worker has called it, the movie that MUST be made)
Anne Murray's Greatest Hits (why, no, I wasn't a cheerleader in high school, how did you know?)
Bruce Springsteen "Born in the USA" (one of these things is not like the others...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home