Friday, August 11, 2006

Whippersnappers

They've released the names, and birthdates of the English terror suspects. They range in age from 22 to 29, which is making me feel just a mite old.

"You whippersnappers don't know nothing about waging war. In my day, when we wanted to make a statement...well my generation went to the mall and spent a lot of money. We were sort of post-hippy and pre-angst. Anyway, if we had even thought about blowing up airplanes, our mothers would have put us in timeout or tanned our hides or something.

You kids get off my plane!"

I also have to admit that I found this statement from CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) to be a bit weird. They object to President Bush's saying that we're at war against Islamic Fascists. Er...why? Wouldn't you wouldn't to differentiate between garden variety peaceful Muslim and the terror wing of Islam? When you look at the list of names released, theres not a Smith or Jones in the batch, and pretending that this is just an eclectic mix of British citizens doesn't make that go away. So what's wrong with differentiating that not all Muslims fall into that grouping?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home