Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Asheville - So much to love

I used to live in Asheville NC, right around the time it was the retirement capital of the country. That's right, bring on the rich geezers with one foot in the grave and the other on the banana peel.

Asheville is located in Buncombe county - as in "a load of bunkum" or "a bunch of bunk". See, hard to believe I moved.

But really, this headline in their newspaper is just hysterical:

Pope to serve jail time for having sex with inmate

That just begs to be clicked on, doesn't it?

2 Comments:

At August 10, 2006 at 5:58 AM, Blogger Vica said...

Thank you so much for the link to the Pope story. I needed a laugh. The Craggy Correctional Center? I guess it's the CCC to those in the know. I also liked the excuse her lawyer provided. I mean, really, who hasn't looked back at a bad relationship and said, "I must have had a mental disorder to have slept with him."

 
At August 10, 2006 at 7:14 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

If I had a nickel for every time I thought that. I mean...ah...hahahaha...sweetie, I'd be totally broke! Totally! Broke!

er...hmmm....

The CCC sounds like Alcatraz, only maybe on the top of a mountain, doesn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home