Monday, June 12, 2006

Random Thoughts

  • The 80s were a great time in pop music. At what other period could the geeky dude next to you in Physics class have as good an opportunity to be a rock star as the stoner with the guitar or the chick with the serious pipes? Nirvana put an end to all of that, of course. Thanks, Kurt Cobain, from all of us geek types
  • My friend Christine hooked me up with "Ideal Bite" which is sort of a green version of "Daily Candy". You get daily emails from them with what's cool in their respective areas. Daily Candy is more for the hip spender/fashionista (I can't afford a lot of the things they come up with, and there's plenty that I'm just not cool enough to consider!). I'm not sure I should get daily reminders of ways to spend money, but... oh well.
  • I really like our new mattress, I actually get out of bed in the morning without an aching back. SWEET! Now to find out what Chris thought of the new pillows that came with it.
  • In keeping with TRM Cycles current Top 5 people you would like to meet or have met in cycling:
  1. Laura Van Gilder - Local women's sprinter who stopped to meet Fred at a race in Harrisburg once. We had a great conversation about how having cute dogs probably means ugly children.
  2. Dede Demet Barry - she was very cool - and we gave her a ride to the airport. We got the early scoop that she was pregnant (Woohoo!), and she gave me a hug when we dropped her off. I'm pretty sure that my husband hugs me just to touch the same are that she did.
  3. Adam Hodges Myerson - Nice guy, although we have to be light years apart in personalities. Pitted for him at a truly disgusting cross race in 2004. I've also liked reading his coaching articles over the years.
  4. Tyler and Havens Hamilton - Yes, I'm probably a sucker, but I still believe - and will always believe - that he's innocent. They were wonderful when we met them (in passing) at Mt Washington. He has always struck me as a guy with a lot of integrity. And his wife has been through a lot with him, so she definitely deserves a mention.
  5. Phil Liggett - As much a gentleman in person as his tv personae would imply.

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 at 5:23 PM, Blogger Vica said...

I agree with you on Tyler Hamilton. He used to compete with so much dignity. Who can forget his fair play lesson at the Tour de France after Lance Armstrong fell? Plus the whole broken collarbone extravaganza. That was grit. It doesn't seem like the act of a guy who would take the low road. I hope he is innocent.

 
At June 13, 2006 at 7:49 PM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

No way - another woman who knows cycling! Sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home