Friday, June 09, 2006

WOOHOO! Do the Dew!

Last night was the family mountain bike outing. We loaded up the car with Fredly, Chris, and I, two bikes, and the CSA basket, and hit the road. Or more precisely drove to the park and hit the trails.

It's important to note here that even when I rode a lot, I was never a mountain biker. I always sounded like Goldilocks:
This trail is tooooo rough
This trail is toooooo smooth
This nice, flat road is just right!

But we had a good time last night. Fredly ran along side, pausing to sniff, mark territory, terrorize other dogs, and swim in creeks to cool off. I was only passed by one of the little sisters of the poor. And Chris throughout was very patient on what was probably the worlds most boring mountain bike ride. Although Chris did notice that my stem is way too long for me, which just opens up vistas of equipment blaming for me. "I'm a horrible mountain biker because my stem's too long - that's the ticket!"

The saddest part was before the ride we were parked in the parking lot where we used to meet our friend Erin and her dog Baker. They had a sweet deal, being only 1 block from that parking lot, so we used to stand there and look down the street. The minute they would come into sight, both Fred and Baker would strain at the leash to begin play now. Really that 3 minute walk seemed endless to both dogs. Last night, while we got ready, we made Fred wait in the car. But it didn't keep him from staring intently down the street, waiting for his best friend to materialize.
Come Back Erin & Baker, we miss doggy time and Taco Loco time!

Before going to the park, we stopped to pick up our CSA basket and drop off last week's basket. We're splitting it with our friend Barb, so after the ride we drove over to her house to drop off her share. On the way over we saw this great sign
Call me silly - but wouldn't part of the spring clean up be removing out of date signs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home