Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Itch

I'm finally starting to get the itch to ride again. I literally have not been on my bike in a year. Which is funny, because I would guess the vast majority of people that I work with, and a hefty portion of my friends, think of me as that woman who rides a bike. But two days ago I felt a little twinge of "I need to get the road bike out of the basement". And for the first time it wasn't a "I really should eat my lima beans" kind of feeling. Maybe this evening after I walk the dog, go to the farmer's market and get the trash out to the curb, I'll sneak a ride in before I pick Chris up from the races. We'll see how bad a shape the bike is in when I drag it out of our basement tonight. Given how wet it is down there, I'm willing to bet the chain is completely rusted. But I'm sorta looking forward to breezing down the bike path with the wind in my hair (helmet...whatever) and my butt and quads going "Do-what?! We haven't done this in AGES!"

How much of a rock star is my dog? I was walking past the train station with him the other night when an older gentleman yelled out of his car window "I like your dog!"
"Thanks!" I replied, smiling and waving.
Then the gentleman said "He REALLY hates trains and buses!"
Oh lord, now they know his likes and dislikes. I'm telling you, it's only a matter of time before Fred's the centerfold of Tiger Beat magazine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home