Saturday, June 10, 2006

Farmer's Market

Let me tell you about my new problem addiction. (Should I lie down on the couch?) There's a farmers market on Saturday mornings 2 blocks from our place now. That means a few local farms have produce, one stand with grass-fed meats (!!!!), pasture raised chicken/eggs, all of that good stuff. Some bakery bread. Arturo's company is there with salsa, and I bought two little herb plants. And it's every Saturday. Two blocks from our house. Every...Saturday...until fall...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!

Of course Fred decided to pick a fight with another dog while I was trying to balance two bags of produce, fresh bread and a dozen eggs (which I un-wisely said "Oh I don't need a bag" to.) Grrr. The best possible moment to make me look like I had no control over my dog - because I didn't. I went back with more money, and without the dog for Salsa, plants and tomatos.

Chris is off working the MS-150 mechanics area. Just a little hint, folks: be very, very nice to your mechanic. They have long memories. Tip them $5, bring them cookies or beer, or even just say "Thank You!" when you see them at these events, and you'll cut your repair wait time down. If it's a really good tip, you may not have to wait for the smaller stuff when you're at your local bike shop. I bring this to you as a service announcement because I didn't know until I met Chris. The only people I had ever tipped in my past were hairdressers and waiters. (Oh and skycaps). But apparently it's de rigeur to tip anyone who does a service for you. Who knew? I'm a cubicle jockey, the best I can hope for is a pat on the back or occasionally an oversized polo shirt with the company logo on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home