Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lent

Tis the season of preparation. Today I and my other Catholic friends were talking about what we're giving up for lent. Another friend and I are both giving up soda. I told her I would be under my desk for the next 6 weeks and she said she would be too...because it beat jumping out the window. Another friend is much more ambitious - he's giving up most tv and once a week purging one room in his house. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I asked my co-worker Dave what he was giving up. He said "beer".

Dave doesn't drink.

I like this season though. I like that we have a built in season in which to cleanse the slate and start over. Shake off the dust of all of those little things we don't do well, cleanse, and purify and come into the spring time fresh, light, and hopefully ready to face the world anew.

But I have to admit, the fasting thing SUCKS. I'm way too much of a wimp to limit my food intake this much. On the up side, had a great time standing in line chatting with the guy in front of me at the church fish fry. We were laughing at the names of the sponsors of the fish fry. Seriously, three of the sponsors were the Burns Family, the Cook Family, and the Kitchen Family. What? No Deep Fryer family? They must be holding out this year. Pikers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home