Friday, February 24, 2006

Getting Old

Yesterday I went to a salon to have a facial

1. For you perverts...shut up
2. For everyone else, yes it's shee shee.

My skin for the last few weeks has looked HORRIBLE. Winter has taken it's toll, and the only description can be "chapped". And last night they made clear why. At some point my skin went from oily, to delicate. Awesome. For those not in the know, it's a huge difference in skin care.
Oily:
1. Scrub face with bleach
2. Rinse with kerosene
3. Exfoliate with sandpaper

See? Easy!

Delicate:
1. Mist air around face with cool rose glycerin water (available at our counter for $350)
2. Walk through mist to moisten face
3. Apply our super expensive delicate skin wash (an additional $720)
4. Remove by dabbing with organic cotton 220 thread count gentle-wash-cloth (special cloth available for $160)
5. Exfoliate by sitting in dark room thinking abrasive thoughts
6. Mist air around face with cool rose glycerin toner (which is far different than the water used in step 1. An additional $350)
7. Apply our extra gentle moisturizer made with natural plants (as opposed to the chemical ones?), chamomile, lavender and roses all crushed on the thighs of virgins. ($950.)

Actually the woman who did the work was pretty cool about it, and recommended cetaphil instead of their product, although she did recommend their mild exfoliator. Since exfoliation is not something I've ever been awesome at, and I figured she was cool to mention the cetaphil, I bought the exfoliant. Sucker.

So while I'm pretty content in the skin I'm in, I now have to learn to live with the new, more delicate me. But my face looks a thousand times better today, so it was a worthwhile trip! Next to think about will be manicure/pedicure. You're not shee-shee until your nails say so, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home