Saturday, February 18, 2006

Moooooooooo

So since I was doing all of that nutritional reading, one of the things I've run across is that a lot of people don't know that they have those other allergies to dairy. Not the ones that leave you unpleasant to be around, we're talking about the kind that aggravate runny nose and stuffed up head. So... Being allergic people, we went dairy free for a couple of weeks to see if we can tell the difference. And the answer is....yes for him, yes but not a lot for me. And now we move into an arena where we're sort of vegan meat eaters. (Our vegan friends' heads have just exploded). With the occasional break because we cannot live without pizza and ice cream, we're going to try to avoid dairy.

So that led to today's adventure - making tofu sour cream. Whipped it up, took a taste and

BLEEEACCCCHHHH

Washed it down the sink. Some areas are better avoided all together I guess!

2 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 at 3:15 PM, Blogger megA said...

Hey Girlie!!

I def. have the milk mucus thing, but yogurt is ok b/c it contains active stuff (??) that has already started to break down the evil mucus-producing milk proteins. JBV and I chatted about this as well. He is a god in my book about food and stuff. (And your husband does NOT rule for ratting me out to him about the secret winter potion he told me about that I drunkenly revealed to you two.)

And on the note of geekdom. . .I AM an ubergeek. I teach English, watch PBS and love National Geographic. But I'm cool with it.
xo
m

 
At February 20, 2006 at 3:59 PM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

I'll have my husband done away with. Drunken confessions should not be shared! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home