Monday, February 27, 2006

aimless ramblings

Fuzzbutt and I wandered to the local baseball/soccer/football field/cinder track to have a little off leash time in the misty snow that's coming down. Mist sucks, regardless of whether it's in the rain form or the snow form. The snow form is graceless, ono proper flakes, and in this case a lot flailing about for the thinnest veneer of snow on the ground. But tell that to the dog. He was running around catching snowflakes on his tongue.

It was one of those moments I regretted not having my camera with me. There was just a thin layer of snow over a dark cinder track which made every foot/paw print and tire tread (it's an abused cinder track) look like a moonscape. But I knew that by the time I got home, the light would have changed, the snow would have changed and the moment was gone. Better to stick to snowflake catching and playing "police dog takedown". Mental note to self, must get smaller dog next time, one that can only jump maybe to my hip and not all the way to my shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home