Friday, December 30, 2005

Tossin & Turnin

Bedtime at our house:
9:30PM: I crawl into bed with a book
10:00PM: Husband arrives
10:10PM: Dog turns off the light
10:15PM: Husband and I spoon
10:16PM: Dog joins spooning by curling up, partly on my stomach.
10:45PM: Arms going numb from so much tight togetherness, ask dog to move
10:45:30 PM: Dog grumbles, sighs, gets out of bed, gets into his bed
2:00AM: Human potty break - the dog has a stronger bladder than we do
5:45AM: Dog gets back into our bed because it's time for me to get up for work and leave him the pillow. Unfortunately I have the day off so this means two of us are now occupying the spot that was only meant for one
6:15AM: I tell the dog to move. He turns around.
7:15AM: Bum hip is aching from odd position I've been sleeping in for the last hour. Move husband over slightly
7:30AM: Alarm goes off. Husband bumps me to turn it off, then remembers it's for him
8:00AM: Re-set alarm goes off. Dog is invited for snuggles between my husband and I. Dog falls back asleep there.
8:10AM: Humans get up, dog pouts in bed because it's far too early for that kind of nonsense.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home