Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Red Cross Greenbacks

Sigh. I've always hoped to be proven wrong, but since post-911 when BILLIONS have been sent to the Red Cross, I've been truly suspicious of them. On one hand, the work they do is vital, and good. They were way more organized than FEMA - try throwing a slumber party for 10000 of your closest friends in a stadium some time. Now organize it in a few short days. But I've always been concerned about the vast quantities of money that flowed into the Red Cross. Money = corruption. And unfortunately, it appears that those concerns did come to fruition.

I'm not saying don't donate to charity, or even don't donate to the Red Cross. My suggestion would be that there are other charities who may be able to use your money to help in these cases. Be a little creative, use Charity Navigator, and spread your money around a bit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home