Saturday, December 31, 2005

Out with the Old

Tis that time of year, time to look back over 2005, and review my NY resolutions for the year. It's not been very impressive, alas.
Finish the AFI Top 100 I did it! Woohoo, the whole effort took a little over 2 years, but I've now seen all of the movies on the AFI Top 100. I know enough now to say that a lot of them are so much hooey, and probably shouldn't have been there. Excuse me, "Tootsie"?
Complete 2 Tris As usual, anything to do with tris is just a lesson in humility. I had an injury in April, but more than that, my swimming just sucks. I surrendered this particular resolution in June.
Eat 5 Fruits & Vegs every day by the end of the year Actually I'm pretty proud of this one. I'm still not completely there, but I feel like I've really gotten better at incorporating "plant based foods" into my diet. One thing that helped add variety to my cooking was buying a cookbook called "Vegan Planet". I've no intention of going either vegan or vegetarian, but I wanted variety in the ways I include fruits and veggies into our diet. That helped immensely, as did the Moosewood cookbooks. So it's a tasty alternative, although I still binge on fatty, cheesy, meaty foods whenever we go to one of our parent's houses. So the junk food junky lives on in me!
Save $X by the end of the year We did it (and no I won't tell you what X was). The goal for 2006 will be to see if I can increase that by 50% without cutting our day to day lifestyle too much. I'm thinking that there are a few areas I could cut back on, but we'll see...
Clean up the Back Room Ahem. Riiiiight. Sigh.
Read the book of Sirach When we were looking for readings for our wedding, there were several that I really liked from the book of Sirach. Alas that's one of the books not in the protestant bible. This is one of those that I really regret not having accomplished, and there's no good reason I didn't. This will show up on the 2006 resolutions without doubt.

And now, I plan to spend the rest of 2005 in front of the TV watching "A Man for All Seasons" while the wonderdog chews a bone. Then we're going to hang with the friends who introduced my husband and I. A nice mellow NY eve.

Happy New Year to all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home