Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've got a friend named Walter

Whatever you think of this church (and "Whatever", shrug, pretty much sums it up for me), You have to love Ace's Top Ten Mandated Changes to Make Christianity more Politically Correct and Inclusive. 7, 8, and 9 make me spit Coke (not the drug, the drink) on my computer screen:

9. Key lyric of Martin Greenbaum's hippie-Christian anthem, Spirit in the Sky, changed from "I've got a friend named Jesus" to less-divisive "I've got a friend named Walter"
8. Good Friday officially renamed "Passable Friday;" Ash Wednesday officially renamed "the Day Before Thursday"
7. Placards displaying "John 3:16" outlawed at sporting events; spectators wishing to display their spiritual beliefs may substitute oversized foam-finger bearing the corporate slogan "Dude, You're Getting a Dell!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home