Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Would you stand by this man?

It's an interesting question. Your hubby gets caught in a major public scandal - do you stand by him in the press conference? Honestly, I have to say "yes". As devastating as it has to be, as humiliating as that public stand can be, you're still married, and there is a lot to be sorted out. At this point they probably don't even know whether they're going to stay together or not. If they do stay together, taking your lumps in public removes one more bickering point in the future. If they don't, surely that buys her some "loyal and faithful wife" points in the divorce fight. If they do stay together, well she's hitched to his star. It's in her best interest to enhance her husband's high profile.

What about you....stand by your man? Or kick him to the curb?

3 Comments:

At March 12, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd beat the shit out of him. If somehow someone convinced me to stand by him in a pr conf I'd never be able to forgive him for putting me in that position... so I don't see it muting a bickering point. I might be able to forgive the screwing around but I could never forgive the humiliation. I'd probably end up beating the shit out of him on tv. I think the only way we'd be able to stay together would be if he didn't even dare ask me to stand by him on tv. It is the only way I could have any faith that he had any respect for me as a woman and as a wife is if he didn't dare ask me to play the fool on TV for his sin.

 
At March 12, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta say, I'm with you Sam. My wife keeps talking about standing by him and I keep thinking she wouldn't leave enough of me to put in the dog's bowl.

-the husband, aka Chris

 
At March 13, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

I don't see standing next to the man as precluding the use of rusty, dull utensils and salt later. And quite honestly there's something that makes women stand there and take the punches, because how else do you explain people like Hillary, Gov Jim "Gay American is a new ehtnicity" Mcreevey, and Tammie Faye (well there's no explanation for Tammie Faye). Don't confuse the fact that I'm suggesting she should do the least harm to whatever future decision she makes, with the idea that he would get off scott free.

(How many male naifs out there think that the fairer sex is also the gentler one? You should be in the room with us when we discuss infidelity and see how creatively we think of using rust, dull edges, acid, salt, etc)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home