Friday, February 08, 2008

Nothing but class...

Regardless of what you think of this story, can we just agree that this:
Outside the Shattuck Avenue recruiting station earlier this week, a handful of protesters with the anti-war group Code Pink camped out, strumming a guitar as they sang anti-war songs and held signs against the Iraq war.
"Time to end the war, time to end the war, time to end the war right now," they sang to the beat of "I've Been Working on the Railroad."

Shows the sign of uncreative minds? Strumming a guitar? Really, when are you going to get past 1965? And the best lyrics you can come up with is "Time to end the war, time to end the war, time to end the war right now". I know some little kids withthe same creativity: "I want a cookie, I want a cookie. I want a cookie right now."

As for what I think of the story....the city of Berkely are a bunch of imbeciles. I hope congress does pull back the $2 million in federal funding. Idiots.

2 Comments:

At February 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Blogger Chris Mayhew said...

That's pretty amusing. I wonder if they sang a verse celebrating all the slave labor they brought over from China to build those railroads out West?

 
At February 8, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IRONY: Protesters protesting those who provide for them the right to protest. I'd just feel silly - and really embarrassed - if personally knew any of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home