Friday, February 01, 2008

And the winner is....

Update: Curses, sorry about that guys, wrong blog. This was supposed to be updating grandparents and family who are all excited about things like the latest foods Porter's eating and what toys he has.

In other words....never mind.

_______________________________________

Acorn Squash.

We had two left acorn squash left over from last season's CSA. Chris isn't a big fan, and I find they take a little work which almost doesn't seem worth it for one person. But I never did bring myself to get rid of them. So last night I chopped them up, boiled, and pureed them. Then I poured them into two ice cube trays, and put whatever was left over in a coffee cup that I use as Porter's bowl, plastic'd it and threw it in the fridge. (He actually does have a regular baby bowl, but it's sort of big for what he's eating right now).

20 seconds in the microwave and our little chow hound was a happy boy. I have somewhere between 14 and 28 days (1 cube or 2 per meal? We'll find out tomorrow).


In other news, craigslist is once again my friend. I got Porter a Leapfrog "Learn and Groove Music Table" for super-duper cheap. It's a little old for him since he's not really able to stand on his own, but I figure he'll grow into it.

1 Comments:

At February 1, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Blogger Chris said...

That leapfrog music table is amazing.
We'll be busting ours out again in a few months. Nice score!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home