Thursday, December 27, 2007

Zippity Doo Dah...

So the bad news is that yesterday was Porter's 4 month checkup and therefore shots day. Poor guy. Shots day extends beyond the joy of sticking needles into the baby's legs. It also means that for the rest of the day, he pretty much feels like crap. I came home from work around 3 PM, and spent the afternoon curled up with him in bed so he could sleep/nurse/sleeeeep/wake/fuss/sleeeeeepppppp....

I'm going to burn in Mommy hell for admitting this, but the boy slept from 10:30 last night until 5:30 this morning. Man, I love shots day. I haven't had 7 straight hours of sleep since he was born. My previous best was when he was sleeping 7 straight hours starting from around 8PM. That equated to about 5 hours for me, which was pretty sweet. That was the week of Thanksgiving, but it all went out the window when I went back to work. Hopefully Chris doesn't call me any time soon to tell me that the little man has a fever and is sick. That would suck the joy right out of my morning. But in the meantime, I was dancing in the car on the way to work. All of that spare energy! Sweet!

Zippity doo dah, Zippity - aaaaa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home