Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I am Legend

Merry Christmas - Over and over again. First the grandparents (aka my mom & dad and Chris's mom) came in for an early Christmas celebration. Then we celebrated our own Christmas. It was all fun, and the best part....going out to see a movie. Gasp. Without number one son.

We saw "I am Legend". Chris nailed it - if you liked "Children of Men", you'll probably be inclined to like this one. And we did like "Children of Men". Well for me, except for the part where the woman went through childbirth and then ran with her newborn through a war zone. I was about 2 months pregnant, you see. Actually that then brought up a similar issue with "I am Legend". No pregnant women, but there's an aspect of the movie that both of us identified with. And it went horribly awry. Unfortunately I can't expound on this because it would be a spoiler. If you go, you'll figure it out.

In general, I just didn't enjoy the movie all that well. Will Smith is a phenomenal actor - and he did a great job here. But this was sci-fi crossed with horror, and I'm not much of a horror flick fan. I have an overactive imagination. And then of course there was the aforementioned aspect of the movie. I'd give a qualified thumbs up - knowing that it's an apocalyptic horror flick, if that's your thing, definitely go. Otherwise...Blades of Glory anyone?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 4, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My problem with "Children of Men" was that it completely changed the tone of the book, which was about totalitarianism and the getting of power and how power corrupts. It was NOT about illegal immigrants and how we are so mean to them!

The book, however, did not have Clive Owen in it, so in that respect, the movie is superior.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home