Friday, April 06, 2007

Ahhhhh....

Last night was really relaxing, after the initial chaos getting home, walking the dogs, and picking up dry cleaning. On the plus side that's all stuff I can do without driving, so there were no rush hour woes.

Then it was off to get a maternity massage. My parents gave me a gift certificate to a spa I really like. Funny thing, I would have told you before I went in that I really didn't need one. I felt really good. Oh sure, there were still vestiges of the crick in the neck from last week that kept me from turning my head. But no back aches, or anything else. This was just to relax. Then Karen started working on my neck. "Wow, you really needed this. You need to make your next appt on the way out" she said. Since Karen's never said that before, I took that to heart. And when I got up from the table, I was amazed at how much better I felt. It almost felt like I had lost weight, because there was a lot of pressure that just wasn't there at all. Wow. So I did indeed make an appointment for next month. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to get massages after the second trimester, so I want to sneak at least one more in.

Oh and she thinks it's a boy. Which makes exactly 0 people so far who think Chris is going to have to purchase a shotgun after the baby is born.

Then from the massage I walked up to church for the first of the Catholic Triduum Masses/Services (Good Friday isn't a Mass). These are my favorites of the year, and yet every year I either forget or get distracted, and I don't go. When we walked out of church, it was dark, so all you could see through the open church door were the people exiting and HUGE snowflakes. So horribly wrong for Easter, but still so very beautiful. Iiiii'm dreaming of a white Easter......

But anyway, a nice evening all the way around, and I arrived home before the buffalo chicken pizza from our local crack hou...er....pizza place got too cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home