Thursday, February 22, 2007

Holy mackerel

So I'm desperately trying to not have this blog turn into the all pregnancy all the time blog. I'm actually keeping a separate blog for family who want to know every hormone surge.

Having said that, I like-a to say....holy crap.

Since Chris left last Friday, we have gotten 4 bags of baby stuff mailed to us from Dillards by my Mother-in-law. I bought the "Baby Bargains" book, so I can shop smart for baby stuff. And, I, not thinking that we are producing the only grandchild, had bought a few baby clothes (two hats, two onesies) thinking that I ought to nibble away at those first year costs as early as possible. I also bought some cloth diapers since we're going to at least give them a try. (Yes, everyone I know surrendered them in favor of disposable. But the $$ makes it worth our at least trying cloth.) A huge box arrived anonymously with Huggies disposable diapers (thanks very, very much, someone!). Our best man sent us a Trogdor onesie. (How sweet! How did he know we were going to name our baby Trogdor?).

I feel slightly drunk on baby-ness. And poor Chris is off at Dude Camp (as described by the only woman there) and coming home to estrogen-a-rama. The only thing is right now I'm freaking out on WHERE ARE WE GOING TO PUT ALL OF THIS!? Don't get me wrong, our place isn't tiny, but I was thinking of adding a 10lb person to our world, not a person with even more stuff than the average full grown bachelor owns. We haven't even gotten furniture yet. Or baby carriages. And how am I to keep Spazmo from chewing all of this stuff up in the intervening 6 months?

Eeks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 at 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a note to say thanks for buying/reading our book, BABY BARGAINS and mentioning it on your blog. Appreciate that!

Best of luck with the new baby,
Alan & Denise

 
At February 23, 2007 at 4:11 PM, Blogger Soupie said...

you should start labeling the baby posts "with child" and then compare the volume of the posts. It will be the center of your world. Congrats yo!

love,

soupie

 
At February 27, 2007 at 6:17 PM, Blogger Angie P. said...

Just bought the book for Kathleen too!

em buys the cloth for burps/spit up, they are the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home