Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The approach of VD

Just 2 weeks until Valentine's Day. Am I going to burn in wifely hell if I admit I've never been a fan of either VD or New Year's? I blame it on the fact that I was single for so long. And let's face it, when you're single and bitter, the last thing you want to see is co-workers getting flowers, people shnorgling at restaurants, or candy. Ok, well maybe chocolate would occasionally soothe the savage beast but...not really. Instead we (a group of friends both male & female) got together for Anti-VD day, which was fun in a bitter kind of way. Dinner! Dancing! Lots and lots of drinking! Ahhhh the good old days. I just don't miss that.

Even after Chris and I "became an item", well I still held/hold a grudge. I'm not precisely captain romance anyway. I was all touched the other day because my husband came home with YakTrax. He got tired of watching me slide around while I attempted to walk the dogs. But we'll make a concession to good St Valentine, and go out for dinner sometime that week. It also has the advantage of not actually having to plan anything. Woohoo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home