Friday, September 15, 2006

Flashbacks

Dear lord, the 80s are back.

See when the 60s and 70s were in style, it didn't bother me in the least. I really wasn't cognizant of style, or anything like that. Given I was getting hand me downs from cousins who are 20 years older than me, I wasn't in the right decade until I finally grew taller than any of my cousins in 8th grade.


Seriously, check out those stripes. It's just missing

shoulder pads for a proper 80s look.

But the 80s? Well that was my decade to go horribly, fashionably wrong in high school. So to see those outfits coming back is a cringe factor of 12. The idea of re-visiting those fashion mistakes at my advanced age? Bwah-ha-ha-haaaa. C'mon, I need to have learned something in the last 20 years. Ahhh, great, long sweaters and leggings are back. Just dandy.

I've been trying to buy at least a few things that are a little trendier. I'm not that old. But I think this fall may be my time to "stock up on the classics".

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to listen to some Duran Duran.

3 Comments:

At September 15, 2006 at 9:19 PM, Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

My next door neighbor has 4 daughters. she says she is excited about the 80s coming back for girls, with the big sweatshirts over leggings. "The don't need to know it's really a burka," she said.
I'ev been watching this unfold at the GAP and in J.Crew for over a year now. I told my sisters to alert me when black tights under jean cut-offs comes back. that was my personal favorite and I wore it all the way into 1992 or 3.

 
At September 16, 2006 at 4:59 AM, Blogger Vica said...

I once read that if you wore a fashion the First Time it was in style, you shouldn't return to it. But who would want to return to some of this stuff?

Oh no! Do you think men's 80's-style Hair will come back too? Not that. Anything but that.

 
At September 16, 2006 at 6:10 PM, Blogger MyHusbandRules said...

Why is it the only song coming to mind when I think of 80s fashion is "And I raaaaan, I ran so far awaaaaayyyyy"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home