Friday, September 08, 2006

Pie in the Sky...My Favorite!

My friend Christine and I email every day to keep ourselves on the straight and narrow on various topics. The last year we've been working on our eating/work out habits, finances, cleaning out the house.... We're good for each other, even though we live on opposite sides of the country.

Christine spent most of her formative years in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, so she loves going back to Southeast Asia. For her, that’s going home. So for the last few months, we’ve been idly kicking about the possibility of a trip.

Today’s conversation, however, turned to “What's it going to take to motivate us to get our exercise and eating habits back on track.” Having pretty much accomplished what I want to accomplish on the bike in the way of big (doable for me) challenges, I considered running events or triathlons. Now the whole catch about triathlons is that I swim like a boulder. But a team tri…. Hmmmm. So I emailed two friends in Richmond to see if they’d be interested in doing one in Richmond. And then… Christine looked up a triathlon for us to do as a team. In Bali. Frickin’ BALI? Oh man, I can’t wait for the water cooler conversations if we do that one. “Yeah, I’ve been to Bali. Did a tri there once…” I’ll be damn near insufferable. (And if my hubby says “How would we be able to tell?” I’m going to shoot him.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 8, 2006 at 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! That would be such great travel snob bragging rights! Bali! Wow! Yes, do it!

And as far as how they would know you did it -- they put the results of most triathlons and races online these days. Ha.

 
At September 12, 2006 at 4:29 AM, Blogger Vica said...

Absolutely agree with CF. Go. Go! Doing the tri in Bali. You would need to bring home a zillion tee shirts. That way, you'd always be wearing one and could bring the event up in "casual" conversation All The Time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home