Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Le Grrrr Le Grrrr

I hope these protesters don't interfere with our seeing Paris-Roubaix and Ghent Wevelgem. Go protest somewhere else you morons.

Oh, and in response to this:
Protesters in Paris said they wanted to defend the status quo.

"We are here for our children. We are very worried about what will happen to them," said Philippe Decrulle, an Air France flight attendant. "My son is 23, and he has no job. That is normal in France."

I'd like to say, Philippe, I wouldn't hire your 23 year old punk kid either if it meant I couldn't fire his sorry butt when I caught him smoking a joint on the job.

Do they really think companies are going to randomly hire and fire for the fun of it? I know it's not as bad for the smaller companies here, but firing someone in a large company in the US is costly. There is security that needs to be handled, and paperwork for HR to handle, and unemployment, and, and, and. The worst that happens is those sorry punk kids get some experience, and turn 26 and are worth hiring forever and ever amen. Puh-lease.

And in other news, blogging may be a bit quiet for a while we bask in the (ahem) sun of Northern France and Belgium. Hopefully we can get from CDG airport to our "gite" outside of Lille. Chris is in good shape, though, because he'll have his bike with him. I, on the other hand, will have to walk past the crowds of protestors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home