Saturday, March 25, 2006

Couch Tater

I had screaming "Watch my face blow off" headache last night which has sort of lingered into today. As a result, it's been a lazy day for me while my poor hubby has to work. Sorry sweetie!

Last night I went to bed at about 8:30PM. I felt bad, since I hadn't seen my gorgeous husband all day, but I figured staring and drooling on myself probably didn't count as quality time. So I finished up "Marley & Me" by John Grogan last night while I was under the covers waiting for the aleve to kick in. Finishing the book, when I was already feeling like %#* may have been a poor choice. The overall story is of a man's life with "the world's worst dog" (hardly). It follows the 13 years of Marley's life which he shared with the first 13 years of John Grogan's marriage, the birth of his three kids, and two job changes. By turns touching, and hysterically funny, it's a quick easy read. Alas, it ends with Marley's passing, which is about the point I was at last night. It's a two kleenex box finish, and I hated that part for reminding me that Fredly won't live forever. But hopefully we have many years before we have to address that.

This morning I watched "La Femme Nikita". I know I've seen it before, but I've sort of been bingeing on movies the last few years, and I couldn't remember it. And then I watched it and wondered WHY I couldn't remember it. Fer cryin' out loud, it has Jean Reno in it, hit man extraordinaire, and one of the few "manly" Frenchmen in movies. (No, Gerard Depardieux does not make the cut). But part of it is that I was a La Femme Nikita series addict, and the Nikita in the movies is MUCH different than the Nikita in the series. The Nikita of the series was a likable runaway who was innocent of murder but is somehow turned into a killing machine. The Nikita of the movie is not very likable and about one step up from an animal. It's easy to see how movie Nikita was turned into a killing machine. I miss Peta Wilson, and I miss Roy Dupuis who is pretty doggone hot. I'm told Peta Wilson is too, but for me she just played a likeable character. The series is on our netflix list, so sometime in the next 276 movies, I'll get to see it. Anyway, back to the movie. It's awesome. Add it to the ol' netflix list, it's worth a watch.

And now I'm wrapping up the afternoon with "dirtyprettythings" starring Audrey Tautou (of Amelie fame). One of those movies that I probably would have liked more had I not just gotten through La Femme Nikita which I liked a lot. But an interesting movie nonetheless, and probably worth a gander.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home