Tuesday, March 21, 2006

joy Joy! JOY!

Wow...it's been quite the the week already - I hope my luck keeps going!

The first good news is that the cardiologist I saw yesterday says I may not have the bad heart valve I was told I had 5 years ago. This is like being given my life back again. When I left Texas, I left behind my flag football league, volleyball, and cycling. When I arrived here I was told my ticker had a faulty valve. Not only were a lot of the athletic opportunities diminished, but now I was being told that I had a bad heart. And even though they didn't seem worried about it, and everything I read on the internet didn't sound like it was an immediate problem, well... It takes the wind out of your sales when your body turns out to be broken in a way you never imagined. So I did what any good ostrich would do, and stuck my head in the sand and willed it to go away. Finally, in my massive health clean up of the last few months I went to see a new GP who recommended a new cardiologist. But let's see, how symbolic is it that 5 years I had a broken heart, and now I don't any more?

The next bit of good news is that someone nominated me for the IT employee of the month for last month. Damned if I know why, but I'll take the honor.

And finally, I got a nice raise this year. My boss gave me props on the evaluation last month, good raise followed this month. Good timing, it hits immediately after we return from Europe.

Did I mention we leave for Europe shortly?

The hits just keep on coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home