Friday, January 13, 2006

Project Fabulous

Today was the end of week one of Project Fabulous (ok, I actually didn’t have a name for it until I started working on this entry). In other words, I started working out, and started paying attention to the foods I eat. I’m not quite mentally ready to commit to a hardcore diet, although if I don’t see a change in a few weeks after making tweaks to my current eating habits, that may be the next step. Anyway, while my exercise this week is no where near bike racer level (Hi, Sweetie!), so far this week I’ve worked out 3 hours. I got on the scale to anticipate the fabulous body I surely must have after 2 quality hours of exercise, and…

(moves scale weights around)

Nothing. Not a damn thing. I weigh every bit as much this week as I did last week. Maybe more. (I was a bit dehydrated last week on weigh in, but I refuse to count ounces…)

ARGH!

But I went and worked out anyway, and thought about the results. This week’s diet tweaking focus was dairy (cutting way back) and salad dressings. When I get salads at work, 1.5 oz of T Marzetti’s Ranch Dressing: 220 calories. 1.5 oz of T Marzetti’s Fat-Free Ranch Dressing: 40 calories. Now I have to admit that I don’t like the fat-free as much, but I don’t hate it enough to consume 160 additional calories. Anyway, these are the kinds of thing that will keep me from gaining, but don’t do much to help me lose weight. Then when you figure a fairly aggressive allotment of calories expended says that I would have burned 250-300 calories/hour, well I would have burned 500-600 calories this week. But it takes 3500 calories to lose a pound.

So that kicked in the math geek in me. Using 300 calories/hour, if I make no changes to my diet and workout EVERY day based on my current plan, I’ll lose 8lbs before the honeymoon. That would require that I
A) Work my %&*(# off EVERY day
B) Not take a rest day between now and March 26.

Fat chance. I'm no longer athletic enough do this with a crappy diet on exercise alone.

Next week’s goal is to cook at home more, and have oatmeal for breakfast.

By the way, after my workout when I was changing, I swear the stomach flab waved at me in the mirror.

ARGH!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home