Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ride like the wind

This weekend was another bike race, this one had the good news/bad news of being 3 hours from home. My love had to work until 8PM Friday night, so we rousted out at 5:30AM yesterday morning. But man, what a beautiful day! 70 and sunny with the fall leaves still clinging to the last vestiges of life. I love hanging out with the gang at the races, such a good crew this time of year. Everyone was in a great mood before the races, it was a great turn out, and a beautiful, but dangerous course. This is the first fall race I've been to that I've seen the EMTs on the course. Hubby had a really bad race (still finished well ahead of 60 riders, but bad for him.) My only complaint was there was no soda in the soda machines and they ran out of gatorade at the concession stand. So I was parched by the time we left around 3:30. We saw a friend of ours who drove three hours from the opposite direction, so stopped to have dinner with him (and in my case, quaff about a quart of sprite). Anyway, we got home a little before 8, I was sound asleep by 8:30, and only sort of woke up when my husband turned off the light for the night. (oh and when the dog decided he wanted to sleep with his head on my pillow...twice). The alarm went off at 6:30AM for the bike rider in the family to meet the only local ride at 8AM. He was back in bed and sound asleep by 6:32.

And I, 11 hours of sleep later, am off to church, which will let the dog go back to bed. He is completely passed out on the living room floor, having missed all 8 hours of napping yesterday during the day. But my faithful defender feels he must stay with me in the morning to make sure I don't injure myself or get attacked by passing dogs. Once I leave, he'll go back to sleep in bed. Not that he's spoiled or anything, but then, doesn't a guy who's willing to defend me with his life deserve that much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home