Wednesday, October 26, 2005

And Slim done left town

A friend and I decided we were each going to lose 10lbs by mid December. We decided this in July, which would have left us a leisurely .5lb of weight loss a week. To do the math:


3500 Calorie deficit required for each lb you want to lose
10 lbs to lose
35000 calories deficit required
20 weeks in which to do it
1750 calories per week deficit required,
250 calorie deficit per day.

That’s it. A mere 225 calories per day – which could be made up by exercising a bit more, cutting back a bit…you know the drill. Plus we started during a hot summer when my appetite drops to nothing.

And yet…

Here we are 6 weeks prior to the arrived upon date. I’ve lost 1 lb. Nope, no missing zeros there, just ONE.

Let’s go through the math now, shall we?

3500 Calorie deficit required for each lb you want to lose
9 lbs to lose
31500 calories deficit required
6 weeks in which to do it
5250 calories per week deficit required,
750 calorie deficit per day.

On the plus side, I’ve done better of late of just being aware of what goes into my body, and what nutrients I’m not getting enough of, and things like empty calories. As a matter of fact, I’m toying with the idea of taking a nutrition class at the local community college, that's how interesting I find it.

On the minus side… 750 calories per day DEFICIT? With Thanksgiving in the middle there?

As my dear hubby likes to say: Odds of this happening are slim and none. And Slim done left town.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home