Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dogue de Bordeaux

Yesterday we stopped for dinner at this little diner, with a friend of ours. Our dog was with us, and going bonkers in the back seat. We couldn't figure out why until we saw this little puppy walking across the parking lot by herself. Anyway she was walking out towards the street, with no one in sight, so I went out and called to her. Like most puppies she wiggle butted her way over to me "A person! Who may have food! For me! How Exciting!". About that point her owner materialized (I don't know from where, I was too focused on the puppy.) He proudly explained that she was a purebred Dogue de Bordeaux named Penelope, and she was 2 months old. So we exchanged pleasantries, Penelope was returned to her rightful owner, and our dog didn't get a little buddy to play with.

This morning my husband and I looked up Dogue de Bordeaux. Thank God for unanswered prayers. First of all, as my love put it, this dog looks like it's been chasing parked cars. Then we read the temperament and realized that Penelope would no way have worked with our lifestyle:
  • Fearless and confrontational with strangers
  • very aggressive with other dogs
  • snores and drools

Then we checked out the size - 120-140lbs. Somehow I wouldn't see this dog being much fun at bike races, unless we could train it to carry small children. Then at least we could make a few dollars towards feeding the fearless and confrontational mutt...er...purebred.

The dog will just have to wait for any new siblings.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home