Thursday, November 01, 2007

random thoughts from a hiatus

  • Seriously...Al Gore gets a Nobel Peace Prize? Last year's winner, Muhammad Yunus works to give people a chance to pull themselves out of poverty. Gore? He tells everyone that if they're not careful, the world's going to get too hot for him to air condition his mansion. (spits in dust in disgust)
  • Why the hell isn't Stephen Colbert running for president in PA? I'd vote for him, he's as good a candidate as any of them out there...
  • Found two really cool charities - one via the Colbeaaarrrr Repoooorrrr -
    Donor's Choose
    Kiva
  • I'm only 23 years behind the times - I watched "The Killing Fields" and realized that the thing that's tugging at my heart these days is...crying babies. What a surprise.
  • Our little tyke is huge. No, really big for his age, I'm not kidding. We keep singing "I'm a little teapot short and stout..." Our pediatrician was trying oh so tactfully to say that our kid is...uh...large. As one, Chris and I said "It's ok, he's fat".
  • We saw the "Bodies" exhibit. At the end they had a board where you could put a post-it with your thoughts on the exhibit. My feelings matched the one that read "Cool, but gross". Also...a lot smaller than I expected. Tickets were $22/person, but the whole exhibit took maybe 45 minutes to go through. So for two of us, it was a bit pricey. Cool, but pricey.
  • Flick's last two posts are hysterical. Good on you mate. And I hear you show up in "A Sunday in Delaware". A star is born.
  • Overall, I'm avoiding presidential candidates. No point in getting wound up until I know who's actually running. But there have been some pretty funny moments. Kucinich on the Colbert report made me laugh. I've heard Edwards was good, too. And I liked this video from McCain:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home