Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Clean House

I am pathetically addicted to makeover shows. "What not to Wear", "Clean House", etc, all have me entranced. But I think what I'm most fascinated by is how resistant people are to change even when they are so bad at some facet of their life that they get nominated for one of these shows. My favs are the women who wail on "What not to Wear" when their hair is cut. Dude, you're on a show called what not to wear. The guy cutting your hair gets paid 10 times what your "stylist" gets. And....it's HAIR. It will grow back! Or how about the people on Clean House who first fight getting rid of things (er....why did they nominate themselves? they didn't know they had to get rid of stuff) and then worry that the design won't suit them. These are people who couldn't walk across their living room floor and now they're worried about the design?! ANYTHING is better than what they had!

I'm off to fantasize about $5000 to spend on a new wardrobe with makeup and hair done by real pros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home