Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Randomness

  • Loved CNN's headline for the video of Paris Hilton making slurs about every minority group in America: "The Ugly Side of Paris Hilton". Do they mean as opposed to the usual lovely side of her we normally see? The kitten-saving, tireless soup kitchen volunteer?
  • It was balmy here this AM - 9 degrees fahrenheit. The sick thing is, I was excited. Finally got the dogs out for their normal block this AM, with about 47 stops to brush salt off of their paws. Poor pups. The downside of all of those clear sidewalks for us is it's just brutal on them. I may have to stick to taking them to the snow covered ballfield instead.
  • I know I shouldn't be so amused by the whole astronaut love triangle thing, but I am. I think I started losing my sense of compassion somewhere around the point in the article where they talk about her wearing Depends so she wouldn't have to stop for potty breaks while driving from Houston to Orlando to kidnap, beat or murder (who knows) her romantic rival. As my friend Tammie put it, all for some stupid-ass man. Who wasn't her husband. Yup, sympathy slipped away never to return.
  • J.K. Rowlings was talking about how hard it is to say goodbye to Harry Potter, having finished her 7th and final book of the series. To which I can only say "Amen, sister. Your readers are going to miss him too. You did well."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home