Wednesday, March 08, 2006

And The Academy Award for a Happy Birthday goes to…

(rustles envelope)
...My husband!

Happy Birthday, sweetheart! Since you couldn’t be on my blog to accept (because I haven’t given you the user name and password), I figured I’d issue a few thank-yous myself.

To the woman who gave birth to my husband: Thank you, thank you, thank you for NOT choosing an abortion. I’m sure whatever the circumstance, at the time it was hard choice. I just wish I could reach back through the years and tell you that not only did you give my husband life, but you profoundly impacted my life, and the lives of other people around him. It was the right choice. Thank you.

To Mary: who led the crazy dance across multiple continents that landed him with his parents, including a stop at a fishing village in Alaska where she made friends with my husband’s (then-future) mom. Thank you.

To my husband’s Mom & Dad: You went through so much just to adopt him and “naturalize” him (“Age: 2. Height: 2 Feet. Marital Status: Single” But looking!), and raised him to be the man I know and love. Thank you is so meager, but know that it comes from the heart.

To my husband’s ex-girlfriends: Thank you, ladies. Suckers.

Finally, to my husband, whose special day this is: Happy birthday. Welcome to the same decade. I love you and I hope that the rest of our lives together bring joy. But remember – only 48 years, 9 months until we re-evaluate whether this relationship can work or not. I'll let you slack today, but then you better get crackin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home