Saturday, January 21, 2006

Seasons

What a weird freakin' winter this has been. When I moved here from Houston, I thought "Seasons! That will be a refreshing change!" And then after a year, I realized that apparently I had burned a few too many brain cells. So when I refer to this winter as weird, it's not precisely a complaint.

I am a warm weather person. And because we live in an old drafty duplex that I wouldn't trade for anything, it costs about a million dollars a month to keep the temperature at a nice, toasty, 55 degrees. So when the temperature hits a balmy 45 in January, I hear the Ka-CHING of a dropping gas bill. When it stays at 45 for weeks and weeks, I start planning the trip to Europe. But the downside is, we're now in that never-never land of a season that is common to Houston. Not really truly winter, more like "not fall" (here) or "not summer" (Houston). I'm not sure what to do with this. Dressing is sort of confusing because temperature rises and falls on a whim. It's totally odd.

But I still don't need sub freezing temps to make me happy. Bring on the not-fall, I'm ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home