Saturday, March 03, 2007

A walk in the park





















Chris has been taking the dogs to work with him, which for me has been wonderful. It means that when I hit the door of the house after work, I don't immediately have to change and walk the dogs. It means that if I need to run errands, I can just do it on the way home without worrying about doggy bladders. And it means that when I walk in the door, I'm not dealing with El Destructo's work. Ginger has an art for finding things and destroying them. And making a huge mess in the process.

But yesterday, he needed to get some things done without the two pups under foot. So I swang by on my way home from work to pick them up. And since we were near the park, we went for a little walk.



Alas, I wasn't particularly dressed for it, but I at least had tennis shoes and some cycling socks. That's the yellow jersey on those socks - the moo-moo john! Knowing that it was going to be a weeeee bit muddy, I rolled my work pants up. Thankfully, there was no one out to admire my styling look. Normally it would have meant rain pants at least. We had a big snow melt in the last week, plus a few inches of rain. Apparently that didn't keep those who rode horseback out of the woods though, the trails were super chewed up with hoof prints, and there was horse poop everywhere. A few tire tracks from mountain bikers were showing, but as shallow as they were, I'm wondering if that's a hold over from when there was still snow.



The other bummer thing was that the lighting was SUPER dramatic. And there I was, armed only with a cell phone camera. Oh well, them's the breaks, I probably would have lost both of the dogs had I been terribly focused on photography. That or Fred would finally have administered the beating that he thinks Ginger deserves. He did make her cry at one point, and that's with me sort of paying attention. Ah sibling rivalry. I can't wait to see what they do when they get a human sibling.

The big payoff is that we went out to eat at Kassab's last night (why have I not done that before? That was really, really good!), and there was a minimum of destruction in the house. And Fred let Ginger live. Nothing like a good stretch of the legs to moderate everyone's humor.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home