Thursday, March 29, 2007

Randomness

  • I will take this winter every year. Instead of the usual 4 months of grey crappy misery, we've had outrageous amounts of sun, and winter didn't even start until January. And it's March and we've already hit the 70s. It's like living in Texas again. Except for the two weeks of sub 10 degree (F) highs.
  • As long as the sun stays out, my hubby gets to mountain bike ride this PM. Which means I may get to pawn off the spastic mutts on him to exhaust them. High fives all around!
  • Had the ultrasound on Tuesday. I'm finding that one of the bad things about not finding out gender is when you tell people "We had the ultrasound today!" and they ask "How did it go?" all you can answer is "Good! The baby is normal!" Talk about damning with faint praise. But saying "Good! The baby is miraculous!" might be a bit over the top for the average acquaintance. The few oddities they found were all issues with me (not baby), and not something most people want details on. So I've just sort of floundered on...
  • Along with the ultrasound we were treated to genetic counseling. I liked our friend JH's description of that. By the time he walked out of the genetic counseling he was pretty sure they were giving birth to the kid from Deliverance. I think we were somewhat disappointing, being disgustingly healthy and all. The only thing to discuss with us is my age. Oh and my height. I was asked whether I might have Marfan Syndrome and asked whether I had sunken chest, eye probs, etc. Er...isn't that the kind of thing that a dr might mention? You know, any of the doctors I've seen? In the last 40 years?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home