Friday, April 21, 2006

Weekend in New England

Off to Hartford CT to watch my brother be ordained a transitional deacon. (For you non-Catholics, that means that he'll be ordained a priest next year.) Then the next day it's up to Stockbridge, MA where he'll be deacon at the Divine Mercy Mass that's being broadcast on EWTN. I told my brother that I'd be holding the "Go Bill!" sign up at the Divine Mercy Mass. He asked "What if I mess up?" and I told him that I'd tape "away" next to "Go". Ah, a warm and loving family.

I feel bad, Fred is just now starting to forgive me for having whisked the pack away from him for two weeks. And now I leave for 3 more days. And quite honestly, I'm super tired, and not particularly in love with airports/airlines at this time of my life. And I don't want to leave Chris for 3 days right now, I just want to snuggle up with him and eat all of that chocolate we brought back from our trip.

Wah.

Crybaby. Realistically all of my reasons for not being excited about this weekend are because of good things in my life. A honeymoon in Europe. A cute, loving dog. A handsome, loving husband. And all of my reasons for looking forward to going are also because of good things in my life - my Mom, Dad, and brother. So, Hooray! I'm going to see my family in Connecticut!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home